Thursday, March 14, 2024

Under the Tuscan Sun

Hills of Tuscany and In the Moment stamp sets


Hills of Tuscany and In the Moment stamp sets

Hills of Tuscany - inner view

I had so much fun creating todays card for the Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop!  The theme is old movie or favorite TV show.  One of my favorite movies from 2003 was "Under the Tuscan Sun".  So I combined 2 stamp sets to recreate my memory of this movie.  I love the scenes in the movie where she is at vista points over looking the rolling hills dotted with wineries and villas.  Such a charming movie!!  Be sure to check out the list of blogs below to see what movies or TV shows the other demonstrators decided to blog about today!  

To make this card I used a masking technique.  I stamped the foreground image, then stamped it again on Stampin' Up! Masking Paper.  I fussy cut the masking paper so that there was no margin around it.  Applied the masking paper over the original stamped image, then I was able to stamp everything that was in the background without messing up my foreground.   Once I was done stamping the background, I removed the masking paper and used Stampin' Blends to color in my foreground image!

Cutting instructions:
  • Card base - Very Vanilla: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  This is a top fold card.
  • Front matte layer- Old Olive: Largest Deckled Rectangle Die
  • Card front layer - Very Vanilla: 2nd largest Deckled Rectangle Die
  • Sentiment - Very Vanilla: 1/2" wide.  Custom cut using the edges of the Deckled Edged Dies
  • Inner matte layer - Old Olive: Largest Deckled Rectangle Die
  • Inner message liner - Very Vanilla: 2nd largest Deckled Rectangle Die
Assembly instructions:
  • Use bone folder to burnish score line on card base.
  • On card front, stamp foreground, mask (see instructions above) stamped image to safely stamp background. Old Olive for the hills, Mossy Meadow for the trees, Calypso Coral for the house, Cajun Craze for the roof, Crushed Curry for the sun.  I used a blending brush to apply Balmy Blue for the sky
  • Remove mask from foreground image.  Color image using Stampin' Blends.  Light Copper Clay for the hair.  Light and Dark Lemon Lolly for the dress, Light Real Red for the wine, Dark Pecan Pie for the wood rail, SU 900 for the skin tone.
  • Adhere card front to front matte layer.  Adhere to front of card base.
  • Using Cajun Craze, stamp sentiment.  Adhere to card front using dimensionals.  
  • Adhere Linen thread bow to sentiment.
  • Add Rustic Metallic Dots to card front.
  • Stamp image on inner message liner.  Adhere to inner matte layer.  Adhere to inner card base.
Let's see what movies or TV shows everyone else picked!!

Be sure to check out "Under the Tuscan Sun", and thank you for visiting my blog today!
Hugs,
Teah

Product List

2 comments:

Poised Peony - White wash

  Poised Peony Poised Peony - detail view Poised Peony -inner view Today I had some fun creating a card using a whitewash technique for the ...