Thursday, September 17, 2026

Painted Pumpkins - Hello Gourd-geous

 

Painted Pumpkins Bundle + Stylish Shapes Dies

I have a deep love for pumpkins and I am not sure I can really explain it.  I think each shape and color are beautiful in their own way.  I love the weight of a pumpkin in my arms after picking out the "perfect" pumpkin at a pumpkin patch.  I've attended giant pumpkin regatta's (which are crazy fun!).  

One of my step-daughters was born on Halloween, and I had a ton of fun with pumpkins for her birthday every year.  One year for her birthday, we lined our walkway with carved pumpkins, using them as luminaries.  For her 21st birthday we had relatives and friends carve message into the pumpkins while they were young on the vine.  So as they matured the messages were scarred into the face of the pumpkins.... then we drove to see her at university and delivered all the messages.  That was so much fun!  

Now a days, I tend to just carve one happy faced pumpkin.  But I hold those memories close to my heart.  It was just so much fun.

Painted Pumpkins Bundle + Stylish Shapes Dies

The Painted Pumpkins Bundle from Stampin' Up!® is a winner!!  The bundle has pumpkins to stamp & die cut, or detail die cut pumpkins..... OR masks to ink up a set of pumpkins!  

To create this card I used the masks for the pumpkins, detail dies for the leaves on the pumpkins, and stamped the sentiment.  The options are literally endless with this bundle!  

This first card has a TON of stacked dimensionals.  Watch this YouTube video for a more reasonable amount of dimensionals so that the card can be mailed.

Click on the arrow to see the YouTube video

My original card was decorated on the inside, but in the above video I added a birthday sentiment.

If you like using blending brushes, you will enjoy making this card!

Painted Pumpkins Bundle

Cutting Instructions:
  • Card base - Basic White Thick: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
  • Front matte layer - Garden Green: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Card front layer - Basic White: 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Base of focal point - Vellum: 3 1/2" x 3 1/2", die cut using largest circle die.
  • Pumpkins - Basic White: 5" x 6"
  • Leaves and vines - Garden Green: scrap to detail die cut
  • Sentiment - Basic White: 1" x 3"
  • Inner matte layer - Garden Green: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Inner Message liner - Basic White: 3 3/4" x 5"
  • Inner decorative strip - Basic White: 5/8" x 5"
  • Linen Thread: 12"
Assembly Instructions:
  • Using Garden Green ink, a blending brush and mask #5.... add ink to card front layer.  Adhere card front layer to front matte layer.  Adhere to front of card base using dimensionals.
  • To create the pumpkins, use masks 1-4 and blending brushes.  Add Timid Tiger using mask #1.  Add Pumpkin Pie using mask #2.  Add Cajun Craze (lightly) with mask #3.  Add Garden Green using mask #4.  Cut out using Silhouette dies.  
  • Add first three pumpkins to the vellum circle.  Back pumpkin in adhered flat, right pumpkin using a single layer of dimensionals, and left pumpkin using a single dimensional where the pumpkin over laps the right pumkin and stack of 2 dimensionals to the far left side.  
  • Adhere leaves and vines using mini glue dots.
  • Adhere focal point to card front layer using adhesive.
  • Using Garden green ink, stamp sentiment.  Fussy cut.  Adhere to card front using dimensionals.
  • Adhere bow to large pumpkin using a mini glue dot.
  • Scatter gems on card front.
  • Using Garden Green ink, a blending brush and mask #5.... add ink to inner decorative strip.  Adhere decorative strip to bottom of inner message liner.
  • Using Garden Green ink, stamp inner sentiment (if desired).  
  • Adhere two pumpkins to lower left corner of message liner.  Adhere leaf to pumpkin using mini glue dot or glue.  
  • Adhere inner message liner to inner matte layer.  Adhere to inner card base.
Thank you for visiting my blog today!  I hope you are inspired to create a card using this Painted Pumpkins Bundle!

Hugs,
Teah Woodward
Stampin' Up!® Indpendent Demonstrator

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painted Pumpkins - Hello Gourd-geous

  Painted Pumpkins Bundle + Stylish Shapes Dies I have a deep love for pumpkins and I am not sure I can really explain it.  I think each sha...