Friday, September 4, 2026

Simply Leaves - 3 cards, 1 layout

Simply Leaves Bundle - my first three cards that inspired today's cards

I had such a great response to the card in the upper left corner, that I decided to look for ways to use the same layout to create different cards through the use of dimensionals, ink, DSP, ribbon, etc.....  The cards in the picture above are my initial attempts.  To see the original post for the first card, click HERE.

Enjoy today's YouTube tutorial to create these three cards.  Written instructions below.  Product details at the end of this post.

Click the arrow to see the YouTube tutorial

Card New Version #1

Simply Leaves Bundle

On my inspiration card, the back layer of leaves were on dimensionals, then the leaves in the foreground were on stacked dimensionals.  For today's card, I glued the back layer of leaves down flat, then the foreground leaves are on just a single layer of dimensionals.  

I also changed the leaf stamp from the veined stamp to the dotted stamp.  One thing I would have done differently, is I should have stamped the veins on the leaves.  I love the dots, but I think the leaf veins would have enhanced the leaves.  I probably would have used Blackberry Bliss for the veins.  

I do love the colors that I used here: Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive, Golden Glow.

Simply Leaves - Inner view
Cutting Instructions:
  • Card base - Blackberry Bliss: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
  • Card front - Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Leaves - Basic White: 2" x 9" & 2" x 6".  stamp and die cut 5 leaves.
  • Inner message liner - Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
Assembly Instructions:
  • Using Blackberry Bliss ink, stamp 2 leaves.  Punch out.  Using Old Olive ink, stamp 2 leaves.  Punch out.  Using Golden Glow ink, stamp 1 leaf.  Punch out.  
  • Using Blackberry Bliss ink, stamp sentiment on lower right corner of the card front layer.
  • Adhere the two Blackberry Bliss leaves to the card front using glue.  Adhere Old Olive and Golden Glow leaves to card front using dimensionals.  Adhere card front to front of card base.
  • Scatter dots on card front.
  • Using  Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive, and Golden Glow inks, stamp small leaves on left side of message liner.  Adhere message liner to inner card base.
Card New Version #2

Simply Leaves Bundle

On my inspiration card, the back layer of leaves AND the foreground leaves were all on a single layer of dimensionals.  For today's card, I adhered the back layer of leaves using a single layer of dimensionals, then the foreground leaves are on a double layer of dimensionals.  

I also changed the leaf from a stamp to plaid DSP's.  One thing I would have done differently, is I should have stamped the veins on the leaves. I think the leaf veins would have enhanced the plaid leaves.  I probably would have used Early Espresso for the veins.  

The colors that I used here: Cajun Craze, Peaceful Pine and Golden Glow.

Simply Leaves Bundle

Cutting Instructions:
  • Card base - Basic White: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
  • Card front - Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Leaves - Cajun Craze plaid DSP: 2" x 6", punch cut two.
  • Leaves - Peaceful Pine gingham DSP: 2" x 6", punch cut two.
  • Leaves - Golden Glow gingham DSP: 2" x 3" punch cut one
  • Sentiment label - Basic White: 5/8" x 2 3/8"
  • Inner message liner - Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Ribbon: 18"
Assembly Instructions:
  • Wrap ribbon around card front layer.  Attach ends of ribbon on back using tape.
  • Adhere the two Peaceful Pine leaves to the card front using dimensionals.  Adhere Cajun Craze and Golden Glow leaves to card front using stacked dimensionals.  
  • Using Peaceful Pine ink, stamp sentiment on label.  Banner cut both ends.  Adhere sentiment label using dimensionals.
  • Adhere card front to front of card base using dimensionals.
  • Adhere bow using mini glue dots.
  • Scatter dots on card front.
  • Using Cajun Craze ink, stamp small leaves on lower left and upper right corners of message liner.  Adhere message liner to inner card base.
Card New Version #3 

Simply Leaves Bundle

My third card matches my original third inspiration card.  Completely flat (other than the gold dots).  I created the layered look through using masking paper.  I do demonstrate this in the YouTube video.

I have always been smitten with this color combination: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry.

Simply Leaves Bundle

Cutting Instructions:
  • Card base - Early Espresso: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2"
  • Card front - Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Inner message liner - Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Leaf masks - Masking Paper: 2" x 3", punch cut 3 pieces.
Assembly Instructions:
  • Using Early Espresso ink, stamp sentiment on lower right corner of the card front layer.
  • Using Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry inks, stamp three leaves on card front.   Using punch cut masking paper, apply over the stamped leaves being careful to line up the edges well.  Using Early Espresso ink, stamp 2 leaves between the Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry leaves.  Remove masking paper. Adhere card front to front of card base.
  • Scatter dots on card front.
  • Using  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, and Crushed Curry inks, stamp small leaves on left side of message liner.  Adhere message liner to inner card base.
Thank you for visiting my blog today!  I really hope you will check out my YouTube video too.

Hugs,
Teah

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phrases & Frames with Nature's Symphony

  Phrases & Frames Bundle + Nature's Symphony Bundle This weeks Monochromatic Insta Hop color is all about Petal Pink!  To show off ...